Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Hexie Heaven



Count so far....drum roll.....1088 hexies! It now fits across the top of my king size bed, but doesn't go down the sides far enough for my liking.  I would like it to cover the top mattress of the ensemble.  I have this ''thing'' about doonahs, that sit on the top and still show the sheets.  I want this to hide that, so it's more like an old fashioned bedspread...or should the word be retro or vintage these days? I much prefer the drape over the sides look.  Which means... I need to keep going, making my hexies and sewing them together and watching them grow.  It's lovely to step back and take photos.  I call it my daughter's inheritance, as they have watched me work on it for years.  The investment of my time and love...won't they have lovely memories in about 50 years time!!  Trouble is I have 2 daughters and this one quilt, and it's not even finished.  Guess I'll have to make another one.....

No comments: