Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The start of a new quilt?

I did a bit of hand stitching last night on my quilt...it is nearly all hand quilted...it's so exciting.  I also crocheted a few rounds for my current granny wip.  And I had a bit of a play with some fabric, in particular this piece



leapt out at me and started chatting about how it would love to grace my bed in a giant king-sized quilt - something completely lavish.  So I listened attentively and next thing I'd cut it and had it draped across the bed.  It was so happy. Its excitement was contagious and before long it had me pulling out other bits of fabric for it to play with.  It found some lovely playmates and can't wait to be joined at the hip with its new-found constant companions.  I can still here it as I sit at work...it's shouting come home and play with meeeeeeeeeee.  Such a temptress!



No comments: